It was great to be at this year’s Durham Pride to show our support to the local community. It was…Read article
We are friendly and welcoming and strive to work in an environment where everyone feels valued, appreciated and part of a team. We are committed to equality and diversity and offer a range of opportunities to people of all ages and backgrounds to find challenging and rewarding opportunities which reflects availability, objectives, ambitions and passions.
Our comprehensive team fully supports volunteers by providing necessary training and development as well as continuously offering support and supervision.
We promote good mental health and have silver status in The Better Health at Work Awards which recognises the efforts of employers in addressing health issues within the workplace. We frequently run fun activities for our volunteers and paid staff to get involved with if they wish and have clubs such as book, keep fit, film and photography.
There are many benefits to volunteering for us. Here are a few examples;
- develop or learn a new skill, broaden knowledge or utilise experience,
- gain confidence and self-esteem
- improve employability. Volunteering for us provides skills and experience that is valued by many employers. Some of our staff started as volunteers including some of our managers.
- the reward from being able to help people,
- get to know or to give something back to the community,
- try something different,
- meet new people and make friends whilst helping us deliver our critical services,
- a chance to socialise.
Our current vacancies can be found here Should you be interested in volunteering for something not currently advertised we’d still like to hear from you, or if you would like more information or an informal chat please volunteer now.