Student Volunteering Week 2024 12th – 18th February Our student volunteers are truly incredible. They give up their time to…Read article
Volunteer Opportunity at Upper Teesdale Agricultural Support Services (UTASS)
December 20, 2022
Are you looking for a new challenge for 2023?
Would you like to join our team as a Volunteer Adviser based at our service with UTASS?
What will you do?
- Complete an introduction to Citizens Advice training for your role
- Talk to individuals face to face to explore what problems they’ve come for help with
- Find information about the individuals’ problems and help them to understand their options
- Support individuals to take action to resolve their problems. This might include drafting or writing letters, making phone calls, or referring the client to another organisation
- Write a summary of the clients’ problems and what action you’ve taken to help the individual
- Look out for problems’ that are common, or are unfair, and write a short report about the problem or a letter to an elected official like an MP, AM or local councillor
Volunteers are asked to contribute 6 hours per week and once trained, will offer advice to residents in person.
No experience is necessary and full training is provided, from January onwards.
To apply please contact Rob for an application form: Robert.email@example.com
Closing date: 13th January 2023
Location: UTASS, Middleton in Teesdale.