We want everyone to be happy with the service we provide. That’s why, if we’ve let you down, we want to hear from you.

We promise to deal with every complaint quickly, professionally and confidentially.


It’s quicker to contact the Manager or person in charge at the local Citizens Advice centre.  They will often be able to solve the problem straight away.  If they can’t, or you’re still not happy, you can make a formal complaint by either;

  • completing the form below
  • sending an email to
  • or writing a letter to our Chief Executive at Citizens Advice County Durham, Armstrong House, Abbeywoods Business Park, Durham.  DH1 5GH


Alternatively you can contact national Citizens Advice at or by telephone 03000 231 900.


Your complaint will be investigated by someone who isn’t directly involved.  If it’s upheld, we’ll apologies fully and if appropriate, let you know what we’re doing to put things right.


We aim to respond to every complaint within eight weeks.  If it’s going to take longer, we’ll explain why and keep you informed of the progress.